Hours: 1 days per week
Salary: £22,750 pro rata
Reports to: Creative Director
Position type: Permanent
Application Closing Date: 20th February 2018
We’re seeking a Graphic Designer to join our growing team at Equippers Church. As part of our team, you will work alongside and report to our Creative Director on a wide range of projects.
The role demands; creativity, the ability to work as part of a team, and a solid understanding of Adobe Creative Suite. Whether commercial or personal, any applicants should be able to demonstrate a strong portfolio of work, professional experience is preferred.
- Maintain Equippers Church’s brand and values throughout all work created.
- Work on all parts of the design process – concept to execution.
- Create work for a range of platforms – from screen, to print and everything in-between!
- Process invoices from suppliers.
- Manage incoming design requests.
- Liaise with clients and colleagues on design briefs.
- Prepare artwork ready for print – maintain the relationship with printers.
*These are the main responsibilities of the role but this is by no means an exhaustive list. The ideal candidate needs be flexible to respond to other responsibilities that will arise in the course of this role.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Be able to articulate concepts and ideas both verbally and visually
- Possess good time management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritise
- Work within tight deadlines
- Show accuracy and attention to detail when finalising designs
- Show willingness to learn new software and processes
- Be eager to receive feedback and improve design skills
- Be passionate and enthusiastic about design, with a creative flair
- Remain calm and personable under pressure
- Have a flexible and team focused approach
- Qualification in Graphic Design (or related field)
- Prior experience in a similar role essential.
- Have great organisation skills
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign
- Knowledge of Adobe PremierPro & AfterEffects is preferable
- Good team worker demonstrating loyalty and commitment to the organisation and team members.
- Self-motivated – can meet deadlines on own initiative. Can improve processes where necessary.
- Aspire to excellence and possess a “can-do” attitude which is always seeking to develop what we do.
- Sympathetic to the goals of Equippers Church.
*Candidates will be required to undergo a DBS check.
*Candidates may need to submit portfolio of work on application